Are you an Investigator, Law Enforcement, or Insurance Professional?
Would you like to learn how to investigate your subject using Open Source Intelligence?
Introducing the new GII Academy!
With the introduction of our first certification course, Social Media Research Investigator (SMRI), you will learn how to leverage social media platforms and other online resources to collect intelligence on your person of interest, using the latest techniques and methods available.
This is just the first of MANY courses that will be available to further your learning and excel you knowledge in data mining, profiling, and intelligence gathering and analysis.
What does the Social Media Research Investigator course include?
This first course is designed to teach you the fundamentals of Social Media Research, as well as advanced search techniques. If you are just getting started in this field of work, or looking to refresh your existing skills, this course is for you.
The course consists of 2 modules and includes over 2 hours of video-type lessons that you can access 24/7. Here are some of the topics that are covered.
Module 1 - Social Media Research Fundamentals
- Learn which social media websites are used to locate and identify your subject.
- Learn how to perform basic searches using these websites.
- See how to use fitness and dating websites to identify your subject.
- Understand what Social Community Platforms are and how they are used.
- Review legal and ethical information you need to know when performing social media research.
Module 2 - Social Media Research Advanced Techniques
- Dive deep into the top social media platforms using advanced search techniques.
- Learn how to leverage Google Search by implementing advanced search functions and operators.
- Take a detailed look at Open Source Intelligence and what it is.
- Find out what additional search engines are used when performing a person search, both free and paid types.
- Learn what programs are used to perform Social Media Monitoring (or Social Listening).
- Find out how to locate & identify a person using advanced search techniques on dating and fitness sites.